MICROBLADING is here!
Eyebrows are the most important facial feature – they frame your face! It doesn’t matter if you like them arched and feathered or straight and bold. If you’re not satisfied with the ones you have, and you are tired of pencils, powders and brow gels, we are offering a super natural option that delivers semi permanent results…MICROBLADING!
We’ve taken a combination of client questions, extensive research and professional experience to compile the following, comprehensive overview of the process.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING
Microblading (aka eyebrow embroidery, 3D brows, feathering) is a semi permanent technique that creates fine strokes to mimic the existing or non-existant brow. A medical grade pigment is deposited just below the surface of the skin (the basal layer of the epidermis, to be exact). Anyone with or without brows can do this – unless contraindicated, i.e. individuals with diabetes, hemophilia, history of keloid scarring. Unlike the un-natural, sharpie effects of permanent makeup, the Microblading technique uses a very fine blade resulting in crisp strokes that look just like real hairs.
This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows.
People suffering from alopecia, trigonometrical or any other condition that causes hair loss can benefit from Microblading, as well as those who want to fully reconstruct, define, cover gaps, fill-in over plucked or waxed eyebrows, and even camouflage discoloured tattooed eyebrows. In case your brows are already full and bold and you would like to just add a slight arch, this is definitely the procedure for you, the results are a natural, undetectable fringe. At Be Fabulous, the “perfect brow” will cost you between $350 and $500 all depending on the amount of work required. But waking up every morning with the perfect brows may be totally worth it 😉
However, if you don’t feel comfortable with your new fuller brows…don’t despair! This is semi permanent makeup – because forever is a long time and your face and style will change over time. A second appointment is required to reinforce the new brow and set it for the year. If the follow up appointment is skipped, the Microblading will fade out almost completely by week 8 after the initial treatment.
THE PROCEDURE / WHAT TO EXPECT
Microblading is a TWO STEP process. The first step is the initial procedure and the second step is your 1 month follow up visit! If you are planning to travel or have an event, keep this timing in mind.
It is absolutely crucial to have a touch up done, as it is very difficult to predict how well the skin will retain the pigment. Also, it’s a good time to address any tweaks you want to your brow if something is off to you.
There is no down time after the treatment – you are selfie ready!
How to Prepare:
If you have a powder or pencil you like to us to define your brows…bring it with you.
A few guidelines to follow!
- Do not consume alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do not exercise the day of the procedure.
- Do not get injectibles in the treatment area 1 month before the procedure.
- Do not get a chemical peel in the treatment area 1 month before the procedure.
- Do not tan or come with a sunburned face.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- Do not wax or tint eyebrows 3 days prior to the procedure.
- Postpone treatment if you have taken Accutane in the past year.
- Lash clients, be sure to book your fill BEFORE, or 7 days AFTER your Microblading treatment.
- Ladies, please note that you will be more sensitive during your menustral cycle.
This is a 2-hour appointment. After the consent form is completed, we take your before photo, and a topical anesthetic is applied while we discuss your brow shape goals. The eyebrows are then expertly measured and the shape is sketched. The pigment colours are carefully selected and mixed to suit your skin, hair colour and personal preference.
At this point we encourage you to look in the mirror…up close, from a distance, and from side to side. Our goal is to achieve a brow that is flattering on your face, that matches your expressions, fits your personality, and brings out your features and bone structure.
Next, the Microblading begins! The initial foundation strokes are made which creates the framework of the brow. You should be well numb, but may feel a light scratching sensation. You will hear a ‘velcro’ sound with each stroke. Next an extra strength anesthetic gel is applied and the remainder of the strokes are made until the brow shape is completed. The whole process is virtually pain free.
Finally, a thick application of pigment is applied to the brow area to be absorbed by the skin – this takes 15-20 minutes. You can sit up, use the washroom, and check your messages during this time. Then we wipe of the pigment and voila…a nice new set of eye framers!
We will take your after photos, apply coconut oil to the area and send you off with the following aftercare instructions:
- Apply coconut oil (and NOTHING ELSE) to the brow area every 2 hours for the full 7 days. Do not allow your brows to become completely dry or feel tight
- Slight swelling is normal after the procedure. You may place a soft gel cool pack (from the refrigerator only, not freezer) on the area for a few minutes to manage the swelling.
- As the skin starts the natural healing process you may experience some flaking and/or scabbing. Picking or peeling any flakes or scabs can cause loss of implanted pigment and scarring. Refrain from touching the area except when applying coconut oil. Some pigment may rub off – take precautions to protect good linens and towels.
- Do not get the area wet for 6 hours post treatment.
- If you have very oily skin, we recommend using blotting sheets during the healing phase to keep the brows as free from oil as possible, as oil eats away at the pigment.
- When washing your face, refrain from using soaps and creams on the area during the healing process. Skin creams and products containing Retin-A, AHA or any kind of skin peel must not be used directly on the area as they will fade and possibly distort the Microblading. When showering, apply a thick layer of coconut oil to protect the area.
- After the 7-day healing process, sunblock should always be applied over the area.
- Pools, jacuzzis, tanning, excess sweating, facials and saunas should be avoided for a period of at least 7-days, or until the area is fully healed.
- Do not get a facial, microdermabrasion or any exfoliating treatments.
- The colour immediately after will appear very sharp and dark but will soften and fade considerably as the healing process concludes. The final appearance of the microbladed area should not be considered or at least 6-8 weeks after the final visit.
Be prepared to feel that the pigment is very sharp and dark immediately after the treatment. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of the skin and has not settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually. In the days after your treatment, the area may feel a bit tender if you touch it and you may feel you have a slight headache. We are creating micro cuts in the skin and there is pressure as the skin is held down and stretched. An Advil will quickly relieve any residual discomfort. Towards the end of the week, as the scabs form in order to heal, they may look even darker and thicker due to some swelling. Again, this is normal and not indicative of the final result so DON’T PANIC!
The 2nd and 3rd week you may think they even disappeared all together (this is due to the new skin forming over the treated area). During this time, the skin in the treated area will start to flake.
The natural exfoliation has occured and the color emerges. Generally, only the client will notice the changes. It will look like you had your eyebrows tinted that day (which looks darker initially). Now you are ready for your second, reinforcing appointment.
Each Microblading treatment will require a follow up 4 to 6 weeks later. This will reinforce the overall appearance of the eyebrows and allow for any adjustments to shape or colour. This process takes between 1-1.5 hrs. The aftercare instructions will be repeated, and you will go through the Heal, Peel and Reveal process again.
The process is considered to be complete 6 weeks after this second appointment.
After your second visit you will love your new eyebrows and are set for about a year. Once fully healed, Microblading is very low maintenance – after healing, you can rub them and enjoy swimming, no special care is required, except for a yearly touch to keep the colour fresh and strokes crisp. Of course, always apply a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the pigment to fade more quickly.
Results will typically last longer on those with a mature, drier skin as opposed to a younger individual with oilier skin.
Full brow Microblading: $450*
1-month touchup, if needed: $50
Colour refresh within 9-15 months: $200-250*
* Please note, due to the length of the process, a non-refundable $100 deposit is required upon booking
Any Questions? We have the answers! Just contact us for more details.